Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Wow. Two weeks from my last post? Pretty sad. To make up for it, I offer you a couple of new features:

1. A label cloud. This just gives you a quick look at the topics covered in the blog as well as how often: The bigger the point size, the more entries we have on that topic.

2. The self-updating Wilson Family Birthdays calendar, nestled in the rail. You can scroll forward and back, and even print.

I'm guessing the lot of you will be more excited about the second item. As you recall, Kelli brought a big laminated calendar for everyone to mark their family's dates on. She passed it along to me this last weekend, and I told her I'd figure out a way to make it useful for the blog.

As it turned out, it wasn't that hard, at least not in this basic form. If another better format comes along, I'll be sure to update it.

And speaking of updating, please don't hesitate to let me know if there are any errors. I did my best to check myself, but even editors need editors sometimes.

Enjoy the new features. And don't say I never gave ya anything. ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm.... scrolling through the birthday menu, it didn't pull anyone's birthdays up...

I know Mary's B-day just passed, but Ben's is in just a few days. A glicth, perhaps?

-becki

Unknown said...

Becki:

Thanks for the heads up. I fixed the glitch. Let me know if anything else trips up...

-G

L.A.Dvorak said...

Great feature! Great Blog! Thanks so much for all the time and effort! -Lynne